6. Juni 2019
Improving resource efficiency through industrial symbiosis - Opportunities for SMEs
EREK's 9th workshop, organised in Helsinki, Finland, will deal with the nature of industrial symbiosis as a main driver for the transition to a truly Circular Economy. Hosted by our partner Motiva, this day-long workshop will outline the incredible opportunities of a further integrated industry in the field of resource efficiency. Throughout the event, we will address the national programmes, European experiences and practical lessons learned.
The event is participatory and focuses on learning, enabling actors to gain an understanding of the opportunities in terms of resource efficiency within the waste management sector, and the benefits of this approach.
- To enable networking and engage business support intermediaries into EREK and related industrial symbiosis/resource efficiency/Circular Economy activities.
- To raise awareness among Finnish business support intermediaries and SMEs from various sectors with regards to industrial symbiosis/resource efficiency initiatives and measures.
- Build capacity in industrial symbiosis, resource efficiency and circular economy, share knowledge and experience on implementing programmes related to industrial symbiosis and achieving resource- and associated financial savings in SMEs.
In addition, during the workshops, the participants will be provided with an opportunity for personalised coaching sessions to get familiarised with the tools offered by EREK.
· 08:45 – 09:15 - Arrival, registration and introduction
· 09:15 – 10:15 - Session I: Resource efficiency through industrial symbiosis
· 10:25 – 12:00 - Session II: Sharing learnings from across Europe
· 13:00 – 14:20 - Session III: Industrial symbiosis & circular economy - Experiences from Finland
· 14:40 - 17:00 - Session IV: Interactive session - resolving barriers of industrial symbiosis
06.06.2019, 08:45 - 17:00 Uhr
European Resource Efficiency Knowledge Centre (EREK)